Elder Law Attorney in Mercer County, NJ
As we age, many things change, and those changes go far beyond slowing down and graying hair. There are a number of legal issues that arise and plans that need to be put into place, and in order to insure that they are all properly addressed, you need the guidance and knowledge of an experienced elder law attorney. This specialized area of practice encompasses a broad range of needs that arise with advancing age, including long-term care planning, estate planning, advanced directives and more. If you need an elder law attorney in Mercer County, NJ, contact the law firm of Bratton Scott. Our lawyers are there to provide legal service for residents of Princeton, West Windsor Township, Ewing Township, Trenton, Ewing, Pennington and Hamilton Township.
An elder law attorney in Mercer County can provide you with invaluable guidance whether you are preparing for your own future or want to address the needs of an elderly parent or loved one. At Bratton Scott we understand the concerns that accompany aging, and take a methodical approach to addressing each issue individually, including:
- Medicaid Planning – The cost of long-term care can quickly wipe out a family’s life savings, and a lack of careful planning or strategic transfer of funds can force family members to spend down assets. We are able to assist in planning ahead, or to minimize the negative impact where no plan has been put in place.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship – We will help you to put documents in place that will address the administration of your financial needs and medical decisions in the event that you become incapacitated. We will also help you draft a living will that gives you the opportunity to voice your personal wishes regarding the administration of medical treatment.
- Asset Protection – We will help you establish trusts that will protect assets from burdensome taxation as well as having to pay long-term care
- SSDI/SSI – If you become disabled we will help you apply for compensation from these programs
- Navigating health care needs – We will provide you with information and resources so that you can make informed decisions about your care needs
- Elder abuse – We will act as passionate and aggressive advocates on behalf of your loved one if you suspect that they are being victimized or taken advantage of
Each of these issues requires special attention, so the attorneys at Bratton Scott have committed themselves to providing our elder law clients with the highest level of service and depth of knowledge possible. Our compassionate attorney are widely respected for their knowledge, expertise, and ability to provide elder law patients with comprehensive legal services. If you need an elder law attorney in Mercer County, NJ, contact our office today to set up an appointment to put yourself on the road to a future that provides you with confidence and security.