The Cherry Hill, Camden County, NJ Real Estate Lawyers at Bratton Scott want to help you deal with buying and selling your house and property with ease. Selling your home and buying a new home always sounds exciting and fun, but typically ends up being very stressful. After all, it’s likely your largest sale and/or purchase ever. Having the assistance of a real estate attorney during your home sale and purchase can reap multiple benefits, including stress reduction.
How a Real Estate Attorney Can Reduce Your Stress and Protect Your Best Interests
When you know what to expect and know that your interests are protected, you will feel more confident, experience less stress, and sleep better at night. You have a professional in your corner. Here’s how a qualified real estate lawyer can help.
A real estate attorney will:
- Review, revise, and explain the brokerage agreement your real estate agent asks you to sign.
- Make sure you don’t have to pay the brokerage fee if the sale doesn’t close.
- Spot standard brokerage and sales agreement shortfalls.
- Answer legal questions and explain legal terms.
- Negotiate short sale agreements as well as regular sales agreements.
- Review, revise, and explain the sales agreement for the sale or purchase of your house.
- Provide tax advice as to income tax matters, stemming from the sale of your house.
- Provide real estate (property) tax advice so you can anticipate what your future taxes will be.
- Give you an estimate of applicable real estate transfer taxes and fees.
- Protect you if you can’t obtain a mortgage at a reasonable interest rate.
- Protect you if you cannot provide marketable title to your property.
- Protect you if you need to withdraw from the sales agreement.
- Memorialize a “For Sale By Owner” agreement; prepare closing documents; and apportion taxes, water/sewer, HOA, and other fees.
- Ensure the property is zoned properly for your anticipated usage.
- Explain the existence of easements or use restrictions.
- Ensure the property doesn’t contain hazardous waste from previous usage.
- Ensure that any additions or improvements were completed legally.
- Prepare leases if you decide to rent your property.
- Prepare Rent-To-Own agreements.
- Provide referrals to expert home and termite inspectors.
- Make sure all legal documents, including the deed and mortgage documents, are properly drafted and executed.
- Provide legal counsel since the real estate agents and mortgage lenders cannot give legal advice.
How to Choose a Qualified Real Estate Attorney
Attorneys are everywhere and we understand that it can be hard to distinguish between them.
- We suggest that you work with an attorney who focuses his or her practice on real estate. Most states don’t allow lawyers to say they “specialize,” but look for attorney who does a lot of real estate work.
- Ask your real estate agent, banker, friends, and relatives for a referral.
- Check out the potential attorney’s website and blog. Is the attorney up-to-date, knowledgeable, and approachable?
How to Reach a Qualified Real Estate Attorney
When you are thinking of buying or selling a home, consult with our qualified real estate attorneys. You can reach our real estate lawyers at 856-857-6007. We are experts in the field of Real Estate law and can help you with all your Real Estate needs in the Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey are, Your next step is to contact our office. We look forward to hearing from you.